Pages

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Mother's Day

  When you thought I wasn't looking

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you cleaning the living room even though you’re sick and I learnt that life is hard.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you baking cupcakes for my afternoon tea and I learnt that you care for me.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you giving flowers to the neighbours when their grandma was having an operation and I learnt that you share love for others.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you prepared the meal for dad and I learnt that you have to serve one another.
When you thought I wasn't listening, I heard you pray over me and give me a good night kiss and I felt love and safe.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw tears come from your eyes and I learnt that sometimes things hurt and its alright to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you doing all your responsibilities and I learnt that its a tough being a good mother.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you studying the things to become a receptionist and I learnt that even if life is hard, we all need to try are best.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you looking after grandma and I learnt that you have to take care of your parents because they took good care of you.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I looked at you and wanted to say “ Thanks for all the things I saw… when you thought I wasn’t looking.” 
By Micahzl



1 comment:

  1. Wow!! This is an amazing poem that you wrote Michazl! I bet your mother loved it. I especially love the last sentence. It was very touching. Keep up the amazing work and keep writing fantastic stories Michazl:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.